The Etagere is an interior design firm which offers services to whatever degree the client requires. Our designers can work strictly on a consultation basis or we can be involved in all phases of the design process ranging from the preliminary review of architectural blueprints, to the initial selections and on to the final installations. The Etagere designers can specify furnishings and accessories or use our wide resource base to provide the items ourselves. We have used our years of experience to accumulate lines available to us, of furniture and accessories, to satisfy a wide range of tastes and budgets.
The following is a sample list of services performed by the interior designers of The Etagere. A consultation fee will be quoted based on the services desired by the client:
- BUDGET STUDY. Provide a statement of probable costs, based on a review of the project, for your study and approval.
- COST ESTIMATES. Provide preliminary estimates of the cost of materials or labor for the project. Prepare and submit a written cost estimate to execute the design plan.
- REVIEW PLANS AND ELEVATIONS. Review floor plans and elevations in regards to space-planning, function, etc.
- FURNITURE LAYOUT AND SPACE-PLANNING. Prepare floor plans, including a furniture layout using existing furniture and/or proposed new items.
- SELECTION OF FURNITURE, FABRICS AND ACCESSORIES. Based on the client’s needs, taste and budget, our designer will prepare a selection of recommended furniture, fabrics and accessories.
- HOME STAGING. Our purpose is to help our client showcase his home’s best features in order to facilitate the sale of the home. Some of our services in creating a favorable impression to home buyers are making changes to the furniture layout, a few strategically placed accessories, and uncluttering spaces. We can advise where more involved updating is required.
- ARCHITECTURAL CHANGES AND BUILT-INS. Conceptual drawings prepared for architectural changes or custom built-in units.
- COLOR SCHEME. Develop a color scheme that carries through all the elements of the project.
- SELECTIONS FOR FINISH-OUT. Specify selections for paint colors, tiles, flooring, wallcoverings, countertops, lighting fixtures, hardware, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- CUSTOM DESIGNED ITEMS FOR CLIENT. Design and oversee the fabrication of custom furniture, window treatments, etc.
- LIAISON BETWEEN BUILDER/REMODELING CONTRACTOR AND CLIENT. Meet with builder on client’s behalf. Check job site periodically. “Trouble shoot” for client and be the contact person for the contractor.
- LIAISON BETWEEN CLIENT AND SUBCONTRACTORS ON JOB SITE. Oversee subcontractor’s work at the job site, such as custom built-ins, custom paint finishes, wallcovering installation, floor covering installations, etc.
- CONSULTATIONS WITH OTHER PROFESSIONALS. Consult with architect, landscape architect or other professionals retained in connection with the overall job.
- SHOPPING. Purchase on client’s behalf, as per signed purchase agreement and deposit, either through local sources or sources through the interior design markets.
- SPECIFICATIONS AND SAMPLE BOARDS. Prepare sample boards showing interior and/or exterior selections for the project.